Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Spencer Cuteness

Yesterday Spencer and I went running/walking. During the run/walk, I let him get out and walk around at a little park. He saw a piece of rotting fruit and started walking towards it saying "appm" (apple). After I kicked it a few times to keep him away from it, he started calling it a ball. I'm not quite sure what Spencer defines as a ball or an apple. I guess if it's round and you eat it it's an apple and if it's round and you kick it it's a ball. We were at the store the other day and I bought a water melon and he started calling that a ball.

Spencer is quite the talker and is building his vocabulary. He likes lights and will point them out, so the other day I was teaching him the concept of lights on and lights off. For a while when we walked into a room where the lights were off, he would say, "light on", so I would turn the light on for him. Other words he says are:ca (cat), ba (bath), mil (milk), wa wa (water), mama, dada, mynana (banana), cracker, kixi (Kix Cereal-That's what I call it and he's picked it up), pancake, dog (It's so cute, even if he doesn't see the dog, but hears it bark, he will say dog), meemee (Meema, that's what we call my grandma). When asked what the following animals say, he says their sound: cat, dog, horse, cow.

He also loves water, dirt, and books. Sometimes he'll have a book or pamphlet and he'll sit there and hold it up and talk to himself as if he's reading the book.

It has been so fun to watch him grow over the past year. I look foward to continuing watching him grow.

4 comments:

The Justice Family said...

Hey LynMarie! No I am not ready! I need to get 1 to 2 things ready every week. No her room isn't even started. I need to start by putting the cradle up in my room. I am using toile to decorate her room. I was going to do a baby chandelier and bead board but we might sale our home so I am mixed. I have made a couple of things to hang in her room, but she needs a dresser and so many other things. If and when I do decorate you know I will post it. It might take me a while.

Christine said...

I can't believe he is a year already! He is such a cutie!!
And he says Meema? My friend's mom is called Mema by the grandchildren! Its cute! :)

brittany & samia j. said...

wow spenc is so big!!! hey if you ever want play dates let me know i know your local. Spencer is soo cute. Dont you love just being a mom!

Lisa said...

There's nothing like raising a cute little boy like your son! I scrolled down to see all the pics of him & he's so CUTE! Being a parent is a priceless gift.

When I think of HF, I can't help but think how awesome it is that He wanted us to have these precious experiences since he knows first hand what it means to be a parent. There is nothing in this world that is sweeter or gives us such incredible experiences. No job, no career, no nothing can replicated a child's existence in our lives.

You've been bloggin' for a long time I see. I just barely learned of it 9 months ago. It's fun. You rock!