Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Aunt Cassie Gene

A few weeks ago I was having a hard time getting Spencer to eat veggies, even some of the ones he usually likes. I was stressing out a little, worried he wouldn't get the needed nutrients. Well, the other day I put some frozen peas into a pot to boil and Spencer indicated that he wanted some of the frozen peas. So I gave him some and he ate them. I gave him more and he ate them. I was plesantly suprised.

I called this post the Aunt Cassie Gene because Todd said his little sister Cassie use to eat frozen peas when she was little. I'll have to get a picture of the two of them eating frozen peas. Cassie also use to eat uncooked spaghetti noodles. I wonder if Spencer will also like those. No wonder aunt Cassie is sooo skinny. With a diet of frozen peas and raw noodles, who wouldn't be.

3 comments:

Heidi Davies said...

My Mom would give me frozen peas and corn when I was teething to help numb my gums.

Nana said...

Auntie Cassie would still prefer frozen peas over cooked!

I miss you!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I'd never thought of trying frozen peas! Maybe I'D even like that better... I can't stand cooked peas (unless they're in a casserole or something), but just a pile of plain, cooked peas on my plate. Yeah, don't bet on it! :^P