Friday, September 11, 2009

Just a quick funny story. Today Spencer and I were visiting my dad. I asked him if I could have some of his ice cream and he said I could. As I was dishing up the ice cream, I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy a nice dish to myself and that, as usual, I would have to share it with Spencer. A little bummed about this, I said to my dad,"The worst part about having a kid is that you have to share your ice cream with them.". I didn't realize the irony of my words until my dad responded with, "You're right.". I guess sharing your ice cream with your kids is just part of the job.

5 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Ahahahaha!!
Sean and I got a good laugh out of this story!! :) Thanks for sharing. [You're welcome to have any of our ice cream whenever you visit Oregon.]

LynMarie said...

Are you sure you want to make that offer? I can eat a half gallon in one or two sittings. Actually, with that offer I might visit you more often.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

A well-stocked freezer of ice cream would be worth the price if it meant we got to see you guys! ;)
So, just in general, what are some of your favorite flavors??

LynMarie said...

I like chocolate and peanut butter and chocolate and mint.

The Justice Family said...

That is pretty funny! We just don't eat ice cream. I am not a huge ice cream eater. Maybe I got burned out from my dad's work. Chocolate mint is my favorite though.