Sunday, September 19, 2010

He'll always be my baby boy.

I often call Spencer my "baby boy" even though he is 2.5 and we are constantly seeing signs of him growing up. Even when he's 92 I will still call him my baby boy.

This weekend at the fair we saw another sign of him growing up - he rode some of the kid rides by himself. The first ride I felt a little uneasy about him going alone but he did really well and loved it.

Last year at the fair Todd and I were wondering how long it would be before Spencer would want to ride rides. This year as we were going to the fair Todd thought the same thing again. Well, if you've read the beginning of this post you know this was the year.

Before we went to the fair we planned out a budget to include: an elephant ride, pony ride, and a treat.

Well, after Spencer showed interest in the rides and asked to ride some, we ended up modifying the budget and Todd ended up splurging an extra $20.00 for Spencer to ride the rides. It was fun to stand on the sidelines and watch his face and the pure enjoyment he was having on the rides.

Well, I was going to upload some pictures to go along with this post but I can't find the cable to upload the pictures.

1 comment:

Josh & Jennifer said...

How fun....Can't believe Spencer is going on fair rides by himself....That's so crazy that he is big enough to do so. What great parents you both are to splurge and have him go on rides.