Thursday, May 13, 2010

# 1 and # 2 All in the Same Week!

We haven't officially started potty training Spencer but we have started doing little things to get him interested in the toilet. For example, sometimes before a bath I'll sit him on the toilet. We also told him if he goes poop in the toilet he'll get a sticker. A few days ago he told me he needed to go poop, so I put him on the toilet and after a while he looked in and said there was poop in there. I looked and he was right. Then tonight as I was changing his diaper (diaper was already off) he said he needed to go potty. I didn't want to get squirted so I threw a wipe over him while I got the diaper ready. I then took it off to put his diaper on. He said he wanted to pee in the wipey and I said no. I then noticed a little dribble and asked him if he wanted to go on the toilet. He said he did and I told him to hold it and ran him to the toilet. Well, shortly there after he went potty in the toilet for the first time. I was pretty impressed. I was also impressed that he held the urine in from the changing table all the way to the toilet. Maybe toilet training is around the corner.

3 comments:

Heidi Davies said...

It sounds like you could probably start training. With Athen, one night after bath he started to go while naked and held it in. I started training the next week. It was relatively easy.

The Justice Family said...

Good job Spencer! Wahoo! I don't know how to start with Luke. I think this week I am going to buy him a special toilet and treat. His pediatrician said summer is the best month to potty train.

Josh & Jennifer said...

Yea....sounds like diaper changing is going to start slowing down. That's exciting. Go Spencer.