Sunday, February 10, 2008

Myths Vs. Reality

With a member of our church running for President there has been lots of talk about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or The Mormons. As with any other religion, there a lot of ideas out there about what we believe. Some of the information and beliefs people have about us are simply not true. I have been a member of this church my whole life and I am thankful for the opportunities the church has given me to grow and learn and become a better person.

I respect people of all religious faiths who go about everyday trying to make the world a better place. I like to learn about other religions and know that the best place to learn about the beliefs of others is to talk to the people themselves.

I would like to share the link below with anyone who is interested in learning more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is a video that talks about some common myths and misconceptions that people have about our church.

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/video-challenges-public-misperceptions-explains-myths-vs-reality

No comments: