Thursday, November 27, 2008

House of Sick

Every once in a while I'll get a cleaning bug and stay up really late and clean. After seeing my mom clean her stove with a Magic Eraser last week, I decided to try it on my stove. Then I tried it on the shower, floor, sink, and bath tub. I was hooked. Any way, I ended up going to bed at 2am. As I was laying there, I heard Spencer cough. I listened to make sure he was ok. His second cough didn't sound normal so I went to his room to check on him. As I picked him up, I could see that he was throwing up. This was his first official sickness and his first time that he threw up. He has had colds but those don't really count as sicknesses in my book unless they are really bad. Any way, we gave him a bath and changed his jammies. I think between 2 and 4 am he went through like 4 pairs of jammies and a few baths. By 11 am he had stopped vomitting and started to use the other end. Yep. Diarreaha (not sure of spelling). So, over the past few days it's been mostly diarreaha and a few vomits. Nontheless, he is probably the happiest sick person I have ever seen. We're lucky he hasn't run a temperature.

Coincidentaly (probably not spelled right either), we had his nine month check up on Mon. We told the doctor he was sick and she decided to reschedule his shots. ( I wonder if Spencer is smarter than we think and planned on getting sick to avoid shots=)?) As the doctor used one of those popsicle (I'm pretty sure I spelled that one right.) stick looking things to look inside his mouth, Spencer started to chew it. The Dr. said he is the first baby she's had who has tried to eat the stick. I thought that was cute.

Well, around Mon., or Tues., Todd started getting sick. (I guess that's what happens when you work crazy hours trying to rack up enough hours to take a few days off at Thanks Giving to spend with family, along with teaching seminary.) Yes. I'm a task master. I'm the one who suggested he should probably work extra hours if he wants to take the time off (He's self employed for those who don't know so he doesn't get paid time off. He also doesn't have a union to protect him from being over worked by me. Just kidding. I don't think I'm that bad.)

Any way, so far I haven't gotten sick. I may not have buns of steel, but I sure have an immune system of steel as I rarely get sick (knock on wood).

Well, Todd and Spencer seem to be on the mend and hopefully we'll be able to enjoy a gluttonous (I looked up the spelling of that word in the dictionary. =))Thanks Giving.

6 comments:

Heidi Davies said...

Poor little dud!! I hope he recovers quickly and is no worse for the wear. Make sure you get lots of sleep to keep yourself healthy.

Heidi Davies said...

Oops, that should've said dude, not dud.

The Justice Family said...

That is not fun. That same bug is going around here too. You are lucky that you have such a great immune system. (You can take care of everyone.)I get sick fairly easy. Hope everyone is feeling better. Oh and I LOVE that Magic Eraser. I got my Mom on it.

Nana said...

Elliot got sick on the way to Colorado and had to throw up in his Santa hat!

Evan and Kristal said...

Hey guys! That's so cool that you found our blog. Your little guy is beautiful! Congrats on everything being officil now.
Lindsay was one of Evan's friends in the MTC. How funny that you and Lindsay served together.
Hope you guys are all better now.

Lacy said...

Thanks for coming to Josie's b-day and for bringing drinks! I hope you had a good birthday and had tons of fun at Disneyland!!