Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Unleaded

During Spencer's one year check up the nurse did a lead test. A few days later I got a call from the Dr. saying that his lead level was 39 and that it shouldn't be over 10. The doctor told us to go to a lab and have a more accurate test done. We did the test and a few days later I called and it luckily it came back a 3. If your child has a high lead test the Drs. report it to the State. I had a health nurse call me and say that if the lead levels don't improve, they would come to the house and test for lead and have a nutritionist come talk to me. She also said that in the previous test there may have been some contamination. She said that the nurse should have washed Spencer's hand with soap and water and shouldn't scoop the blood. Later that day after the nurse found out the results, she called and said that since that test came back low, they wouldn't need to come and that she would call the Dr. office and offer some training in taking lead tests. I'm glad the results of the second lead test came back much better and that our little boy is "unleaded" or less leaded. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

3 comments:

The Justice Family said...

No, but now I want to get Luke tested. Who knows with toys these days. How scary. I am glad things are good now. What are his stats? I just took Luke for his 12 month well check yesterday. I will have to post his stats.

The Justice Family said...

Thanks for your comment! Actually I would never put Luke or any of my kids in daycare unless it was nessecary. I might be laid off in the next month and I have found another job but it is full time. I love being home with Luke and I have trust issues as far as leaving him with others. Lauren couldn't handle watching her baby and mine. She could for a couple of hours but not for longer. I have tried to think of people I know. Most people around here don't want to watch other people kids because they have there own. I understand. Home daycares scare because you don't really know what is going on. Kevin and Kristi did find a good one. I was hoping to find a referal. I went for this job interview yesterday and I don't really want it because it is 8 hours a day for 4 days. I LOVE my current job. I don't even like leaving Luke with Ian. That is only because I have a scheldule and I read and do flash cards with him. We have certain days we do certain activities. I know Ian does a great job, I just like to control things. Anyways that is the scoop. Pray for us that I don't get laid off. I only have to work 15 hours a week now. My boss has already been laid off. I can't wait for Ian to get his degree. What a relief that will be.

alysha marie said...

Oh no! Well I'm glad he is alright...but random!
Look what I found on my computer!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/the_walrus_girl/DSC03819-1.jpg