Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lawn, Lawn

The other day Spencer and I were taking a walk around the neighborhood and I can't remember why but we were talking about the grass and I was wondering if I should teach him lawn or grass. I decided lawn. A few days later, as we pulled up in the driveway, a neighbor a few houses down was mowing his lawn. As I was getting Spencer out of the carseat he heard the lawnmower, and before he even saw it he started saying, "lawn, lawn". I was blown away. I don't remember specifically teaching him lawnmower we may have seen a few on walks but it's not something we see everyday.

He sure is a smart little guy. Today he also said backpack.

2 comments:

Nana said...

He is amazing!!!!!!

Can't wait to get my hands on him on Saturday! But I'll probably have to fight the Aunties off first!

Lisa said...

Spencer is like a sponge! He totally gets it.

I saw the Oak Glen pics. Very cool. Keep that place in mind if you're ever a den mother. There are ranches up there that cater to Cub Scouts and let the kids make ropes, carmel apples, tour apple orchard, etc. It's so beautiful up there. I loved that sign too.

It was funny to see 2 different opinions on the no, ta ta post.