Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Twins?

Well, before Spencer I thought it would be fun to have twins or triplets. I guess my aunt LeeAnna made having twins along with 8 other kids look easy. Don't get me wrong, Spencer is a very good kid, nevertheless, it takes a lot of time and energy being a mother and taking care of the house. So, since becomming a mother, I've realized having twins might be a lot more work than I realized.

Also, watching a 26 month old and Spencer who is 19mo. today also opened my eyes to the challenges of having twins. I saw this as I was at the park trying to watch two kids who wanted to do different things at the park. Also, after leaving a store trying to open the car door while holding on to the 26 mo. old with one hand and Spencer with the other. It took me a few tries of letting go of Spencer's hand and trying to open the door while he tried to run away. Finally, a friend came over and held Spencer's hand so I could open the car door. Also, the organization of having two diaper bags itself was mind boggling. Anyway, hats off to mothers of multiples or who have their children really close together.

p.s. Sorry for so many pictureless posts. I've just been too lazy. It's so much easier to type than it is to post pictures.

Another cute little story. As we were driving in the car this morning, the little boy I was babysitting put his hand on Spencer's carseat and oh boy, Spencer did not like that. Also, at the park I brought the 26 mo. old over to where Spencer was playing,thinking it would be easier to watch them if they were in the same place, and Spencer did not like that either. Where do they learn so young to be so territorial?

1 comment:

Tommy and Jolynn said...

I hear you about the twins! Aleena and Drake are 21 months apart and most days are SUPER busy!! I constantly ask myself how did my mom bring twins home with 6 kids already at home, then have two more?? When I think about that my day doesn't seem soo overwhelming!!