Sunday, June 1, 2008

Diaper Crisis

Last week I went to my school's open house and took Spencer with me. I really enjoyed seeing friends and some of my students. I was really impressed with all the things the sub was doing with the class. I was worried about what would happen to my class when I took my leave of absence. I guess the sub that is with them had previously taught special education for 1 1/2 years, so I am glad they are in good hands.

For a few days after the open house, I was feeling a little sad. The reason for my sadness is that I will no longer be my students' teacher. I love my class and truly have enjoyed being their teacher. My students have brought me lots of joy and laughter. Some of these students I have had in my class for over a year. I won't miss all of the testing and paper work, but I will miss the kids and my co workers. Nevertheless, my new job, being my son's mother, is far more important and I think he deserves to have me full time. I love being able to give him my full attention and I know if I was working outside of the home I wouldn't be able to do that.

Now on to the diaper crisis. As I took him out of the baby carrier to put him in his car seat, I noticed that his poopy diaper was leaking. It was one of those diapers where if we were at home I probably would have put him in the bath. I didn't even know where to start to clean up the mess. As I was taking him to the other side of the car to change him, he got some on his hand. So now I had to try to get a wipe out before he put his hand in his mouth (he's at that stage where his hands are always in his mouth). Thankfully I had a changing pad in the car and managed to change him with out a mess. It was one of those situations that you just have to laugh about later. Has anyone had a similar experience?

4 comments:

The Justice Family said...

Way to many! I had to laugh. Once I was at Lauren's for a play date and he got it all the way up to his neck. Usually I have another outfit in the diaper bag, but I had just used it the day before. So, I stripped him naked and use serveral wipes to clean him up. I put a diaper on and put him in his seat. Then put a couple of blankets on him and home we went. Have you tried Luvs? I know we all have our favorites and these are mine. I tried them because they will refund you your money if you don't like them. I figured I had nothing to lose. Shhh, I rep Huggies!

LynMarie said...

I'm not sure if I've tried Luvs. I have tried so many diapers that people have given me. I'll have to give them a try. Wow. Luke is talented. Getting it all the way up to his neck.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Yep. Been there, done that. Many times. And I know there's more to come!!
We're a LUVS family, too. They're always cheaper than the Huggies or Pampers, and they work just as well. We've had no complaints with them. We like Huggies/Pampers, but I refuse to buy them unless they're on sale or I have a coupon. LUVS are always a good price. They smell good, too!!

The Justice Family said...

I love the smell of LUVS too! (They smell like a baby.) I actually think that LUVS work a tad better, it may be in my head. I think they help more with leaks. You will have to try them and let us know if you like them.