Monday, June 23, 2008

Not Sure What To Call This Post

As I was on LDS.org I decided to look at old Ensign articles from December 1976, when I was born. I found this one and thought it was interesting. It is titled
Our Father’s House:
What You Can Do to Help the Church Custodian
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=5d981f26d596b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

Since Todd is incharge of making the assignments to clean the church building, we often have the opportunity to go help clean. Helping clean the building really does make you think about trying harder to keep the building clean.

I have often had the opportunity to clean the glass doors. Every time I go to clean them there are tons of hand prints. Those doors are also sooooo hard to clean. You think you have a door clean and then you look at it from another angle and you see more hand prints. This experience has brought me to the decision that my children will Never touch the glass doors. I have also cleaned the chapel and have been suprised at the mess people leave. Many of these messes are left from the snacks people bring for their small children. These messes have led me to make the following list of snacks my kids will not be aloud to have in church:

Gummy snacks ie. Gummy Bears or Gushers
Crackers or Cheerios

This is all I can think of right now. I'm sure my list will grow as I fulfill more building cleaning assignments.

I didn't mean for this post to sound negative, but it's just a reminder for all of us to remember that the church buildings belong to the Lord and we should treat them how we would want others to treat our houses. Also, for those of you who have never cleaned the building, you should find out who is in charge of making the assignments and sign up. It really makes you think about the way you treat the building. Also, if you are asked to help clean the building you should willingly accept and actually show up for the assignment or make other arrangements. Again, since Todd is in charge of making these assignments for our ward, I get to see how frustrating it can be when people are unwilling to accept the assignments or don't fulfill their assignments to clean the building.

No comments: