Monday, August 25, 2008

Evil prevails when good people do nothing

I once heard someone say, "Evil prevails when good people do nothing". That is why I chose to do something today when I saw an offensive picture on a magazine.

I was at a local grocery store that I go to often with my son, when right by the check out line was a full page, front cover picture on People magazine of Ellen and her girlfriend in wedding attire. Like many of you, that is not something I want my children to see when we go to the grocery store. I knew I had to do something, so I kindly let the store manager know how I felt, and asked if she could remove the magazine from the racks. She said she would talk to her district manager.

As a step further, I will also be calling People magazine and emailing the editors.

I ask all of you who feel the same as I do about this matter to join with me and let your voices be heard. Below are some phone numbers and an email address where you can contact People magazine. I also encourage you to talk to the managers of stores where you see this edition being displayed. If any of you suscribe to People and have recieved this edition I encourage you to send it back and ask for a return of your money.

I understand not all of you may feel the same as I do on this issue and I respect that. However, those of you who do feel the same please join me in this cause.

People magazine- 1800-541-9000
212-522-6699

email- editor@people.com

No comments: