Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Beautiful, Sweet Sisters-in-law

I've been feeling a little guilty that all of the pictures thus far have been of my side of the family and none from Todd's side. I just didn't really have recent ones of them and so I was waiting for Christmas to take lots of pictures to post of them. It's funny how now that I have my blog I find myself taking a lot more pictures. Anyway, today we received a Christmas card from Todd's parents and sisters and voila. There were two pictures of Todd's younger sisters. For those of you who haven't seen them since the wedding, seven years ago, you probably don't recognize them. But those sweet little girls at the wedding are growing up to be beautiful young women. I love them and am proud of the lives they are leading.

The first picture is of Alysha who is 17. Wow! I thought she was 16 and Todd just corrected me. I can't believe she is 17. She was probably 9 or 10 when Todd and I got married. Any way, she is a senior and just recently got her drivers license. Todd and I took her out a few months ago to teach her how to drive stick shift. I can't believe how well she did on her first try. She did way better than I did when I first started driving stick. Anyway, Alysha is quite the performer. She goes to a school were students can focus on certain areas. She does a lot with drama and has been in some plays and musicals. She does very well. I guess they have even had Dick Van Dyke come to their school, I'm jealous, and they do an event with him every year. She is also working part-time at a photo studio. I also just recently found out that she has her "Young Womenhood" award. For those who aren't familiar with this award, it's an award that the young girls in our church ages 12-18 can earn. It's can kind of be compared to an Eagle Scout in the sense that it takes a lot of time and effort. I was excited and proud of her when I heard she had already completed all the requirements for the award. I think it says a lot about her. And If I'm correct, I believe she did a lot of it on her own. I think that shows what a self motivating young woman she is.

The second picture is of sweet little Cassie, Todd's 14 year old sister and the youngest of the 5 siblings (Todd also has two brothers). Only she isn't so little. She is almost as tall as me. I am extremely jealous of her figure. She could definately be a model. She also has beautiful hair.

Cassie has always had a tender heart. I remember once when she was younger she had a friend that some of us thought was annoying. One day some of us were going somewhere and Cassie's friend was there. We didn't want her friend to go with us so Cassie being the sweet girl that she is said she would stay behind with her friend. Wow! That sure taught me a lesson.

Cassie is also a very talented girl with a busy schedule. She is on a club soccer team (you have to try out for it) and in the fall she played on the highschool volleyball team. You know, I have never been a big fan of volleyball and didn't think watching a game would be very interesting. Boy was I wrong. Todd and I had the opportunity to go to one of her volleyball tournaments and beleive me it was very exciting. As I am writing my blog I realize that we probably have some pictures of her playing volleyball. I should find those and post them.

As you can see, these are two very special girls. I love Todd's family and am excited to share more about them in future blogs. Well, most of them. Just kidding Ryan. So, hopefully Christmas will give me a chance to take some more pictures to post.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

I can not believe how grown up todd's sisters are! They look totally different, Cassie was such a little girl the last time we saw them! What a good sister in law you are to write so nicely about them!